Congratulations to Yvonne Crichton-Hill who was awarded the 2021 School of Languages, Social, and Political Sciences (LSAP) ‘Outstanding Service’ Award.
Yvonne is always kind AND does amazing service for the school, the university and her profession. This really is so fundamental to Yvonne’s work and to her as a person. This award is as much about kindness as it is the service that is conducted for the school. However, on top of that kindness, Yvonne has an extremely impressive list of service commitments:
- Programme Coordinator
- HoD of Social Work
- Member of the Barnardos Governance Board
- Central Equity and Diversity Committee
- Member, Macmillan Brown Centre Advisory Board
- Deputy Chair of the Tangata Atumotu Trust (Canterbury Pacific health provider
- Member, Family Violence Prevention Expert Advisory Group, Ministry of Social Development
- Pasifika Strategy Advisory Group to UC
- Member of the Canterbury Pacific Advisory Board to the Canterbury Police District Commander
- Member, Pacific Advisory Forum to the New Zealand Police Commissioner Pacific Forum (National)
LSAP has awards for teaching and research, but not for the wonderful service to the school, the college, and our professions.
A huge congratulations to Yvonne, who has made an extraordinary contribution to LSAP.